Add Brother Printer on MAC
From sewing machine to advanced printing mechanisms this company has come a long way since its inception in 1908 with its basic functionalities. Today Brother Printers are a powerful brand offering a range of electronics and excelling in printer capabilities. There are several laser and inkjet Brother Printers available in the market. All of them possess unique attributes and capabilities but overall, the models tend to perform really well with every operating system. The following instructions will tell you how to add the Brother Printer on MAC.
Adding the network printer to MAC
The steps indicated here are for the MAC OS X Mountain Lion
Before you add the network printer to a MAC OS to be able to print, you should make sure that you have the printer setup and installed, configured and it is currently working on the network. A network printer is a printer that connects directly to the router through an Ethernet port or wirelessly through Wi-Fi technology. However, that printer needs to be identified or has to be identifiable on the network before the MAC detects it.
Add to the network
Assuming that you have already configured and setup your network printer you can just simply connect the printer to the MAC as follows:
In order to add the network printer, the first thing you have to do is go to ‘System Preferences’
- To get to the preferences, go to your home screen and click on the Apple or MAC icon located at the top left of the computer screen. It will be right next to ‘Finder’
- From here, select ‘System Preferences’
- Here, under the heading ‘Hardware’, click the ‘Print & Scan’ icon
Note: If you are looking for a solid workforce printer that can print black and white as well as scan, then it is recommended to go in for the Brother HL – 2280DW. It is sturdy and available everywhere at affordable rates.
Unlock the printer
- Select the ‘+’ sign on the mid-bottom left of the screen
- If you are not able to select the ‘+’ sign then it is mostly because it is ‘locked’
- So, to add that printer, you have to select ‘Click the lock to make changes’ at the bottom of the screen where there is a ‘lock’ icon.
- Enter your password and click on ‘Unlock’ (This is just a security feature)
- Once this is unlocked, you can start making changes
- Go back to the ‘+’ and click on it; by default, MAC will scan your network to see if there is any discoverable network-ready printer
- The configured and installed printer will be featured in the pop-up window select it.
- Click on ‘Add’ and then on ‘Continue’ to set up the printer.
Our agents are available 24/7 to provide you with setup, installation, configuration and troubleshooting instructions for your printer. Call us at +1-844-213-7770 or visit Support Brother Printers site.